tHE INVALUABLE GIFT OF FRIENDSHIP
Companionship, in its most basic form, means to accompany someone.
Our companions interact with seniors on a 1-to-1 basis through activities, in-depth conversation or simply by their presence.
The benefits of a genuine companionship cannot be understated. Here are some of them:
AN IMPROVED AGEING EXPERIENCE
Our companionship services feature active senior engagement to make ageing at home a much more positive experience.
Listed below are some of the activities included in companionship.
- Heart-to-heart chats
- Planned interactive activities
- Playing games, picking up new hobbies
- Escorting to places (e.g. hairdresser, essential grocery shopping, clinics, medical appointments, etc.)
- Accompaniment for strolls around estate
- Medical reminders (timings and right dosages)
1) Heart-to-heart chats
If overlooked, pent up emotions and thought inhibition can spiral out of control and cause stress, strained relationships and even inappropriate, embarrassing outbursts. Speaking about emotions to someone trustworthy can help with the verbalization of thoughts and provide much-needed relief.
Our companions are trained to listen without judgement and are capable of offering advice that can help give insight into emotions and uncover possible underlying stressors. Rather than therapy or counselling sessions, these are simply genuine conversations with a friend you can trust.
2) Planned interactive activities
Interactive activities are specially developed to improve cognitive and physical functions. These help preserve physical mobility and reduce age-related impairment of long-term and working memory. The pace and choice of activities are tailored to the needs of every senior for optimal progress.
Some examples and their target domains are listed as follows:
|Activity||Target domain(s)||Activity List|
|Strength routines *Adapted||Balance, Parkinson, Orientation|
|Meditation||Emotional Well-being, brain stimulation|
|Memory games||Brain stimulation|
|Arts and Craft||Fine motor skills, executive functioning|
|Technology tutorials||Cognitive stimulation, hand-eye coordination|
3) Escort Aide
Certain appointments require irregular hours, often requiring working class caregivers to take time off office hours. Our companions can be of service instead, escorting the seniors on the caregivers’ behalf. Appointment types can range from doctor visits to haircuts and community club gatherings. Updates like doctor instructions, prescriptions and future appointment dates will be noted and sent to you via text messages.
* transportation modes can be arranged, but costs will be borne by caregivers.antr
WE ARE WILLING TO HELP
- Unavailable for a few hours to take care of your seniors at home?
- Concerned about your senior’s mental well-being?
- Want your seniors to reignite a long-lost passion or hobby?
- Want to engage your seniors with some brain stimulating activities?
- Require some time for yourself?
Ready to start?
Our companion services* start for as low as $25/hr. Our friendly customer care officer will set you up with a companion that can meet your needs.